Yes Wednesday morning group is running focused. I know this scares a lot of you and has probably prevented some of you from giving it a go. When you think about running, you most likely fall into one of two categories, love it or hate it. Or sometimes maybe even a love/hate relationship. So what makes you love it? And what makes you do it when you hate it? Simple, the benefits far out way the hatred!
There are many benefits that come from running; probably the greatest benefit of a runner’s lifestyle is how it contributes to your overall health and well being in so many ways.
Just to touch on some of those important benefits:
- Weight Loss: One of the most effective ways to burn fat. It has been said that with the exception of cross country skiing, running burns more calories per minute than any other form of cardiovascular exercise.
- Prevent muscle and bone loss
- Fight disease: Running reduces the risk of stroke and breast cancer. It is a treatment for those who are at high risk, or early stages, of osteoporosis, diabetes and hypertension. Reduces the risk of heart attacks by strengthening the heart and lowering blood pressure.
- Maintain and improve general health: Running helps raise HDL (good) cholesterol, reduces risk of blood clots and boosts the immune system.
- Improve mental health: Feel more confident, it can provide a feeling of empowerment and freedom that comes with knowing your legs and body are strong and capable. Running is an awesome stress release, it helps improve attitude, you get to feel the ‘runners high’ and you train and strengthen your mind to help give you focus and determination.
I know you all know the feeling you get after any exercise, any of the group trainings or if you do PT sessions. I may be a little biased but running gives you that same feeling but on a whole new level!
I would strongly encourage all of you to consider coming and giving it a go. Don’t worry about where your level is right now, this session caters for everything and everyone. All the sessions are designed so it really doesn’t matter how fast you go, it is usually time based so it doesn’t matter how much distance you cover in the time. You can take it absolutely at your own level and you are even allowed to walk :o)
The Sunshine Coast Marathon Festival is coming up in a few weeks and each and every one of you can at least manage the 5km! The sessions will get you all to the start line…..
See you all soon